This procedure of this SOP shall be applicable for Maintenance Department.
1. Start the D.M water line and check the conductivity of the D.M water to be fed to the distillation Plant.
2. Fill the D.M water storage tank completely with D.M water.
3. Check that both the steam valves on the top of each column are open, if not open them.
4. Open the main steam inlet valve on and let steam into the 1st column, close the drain valve.
5. Put ‘ ON’ the main switch of the distillation plant panel and start the water pump.
6. Adjust the flow of the DM feed water depending upon the inlet steam comes and start the cooling water.
7. After some time initially water droplet and then steam will start coming out from the top steam valves, in the 1st column. When a continuous flow of steam comes from both the valves , first the lower valve first and than close the upper valve.
8. Proceed as in step 8 for the 3rd column and than 4th column.
9. Now distilled water will start coming out from the outlet house.
10. Dump off using the dumping valve the initial 10 liters of distilled water and check the conductivity of the distilled water before using it for the process
11 After the day’s operation close the main steam inlet valve open the lower drain keep the feed water running for the same time to cool the system .
12 After some time, close the feed water , the main lines and open all hot steam valves on the top of each of the four columns
1. Adjust the feed water flow and the cooling water flow depending upon the inlet steam pressure such that there is full utilization of steam energy . Very little loss of steam and maximum conversion of feed water to distilled water
2. Adjust and set the dumping valve such that if the conductivity of hot distilled water goes above 1.0 micromhos, the dumping valve automatically dumps the distilled water and continues dumping the distilled water till the conductivity of the distilled water is below 1.0 micromhos.
3. Periodically clean the 18 micron SS filter on the DM water feed line son that there is a proper flow of feed water.
4. Take care to see that the DM water surge tank is never empty to prevent air entrapment in the feed water line.
5. Undertake de-scaling of the distillation still annually or when the conductivity nears the set limit or when the distillate quantity is lower than the rated.
|Author: (GM Production)||Checked by: (QA Manager)||Authorized by: (Director Technical)|
|Date:||Date :||Date :|
(Review date on or before 12 months from date of authorization)