For the smooth running of steam generator.
1. Maintenance Supervisor
2. Maintenance Engineer
Daily check up do’s and donot’s
1. Do check up water level in boiler before starting up and ensure feed value is open.
- Do blow through water gauges often 2 to 3 times daily.
- Keep Gauge glass in clean condition.
- Do blow the mobrey float chambers every shift and test low level alarm functions.
- Do blow down the boiler as instructed and entry made in log book.
- Check all safety valves for proper operation.
- Check all Boiler pressure gauge for correct operation.
- Keep boiler house neat and clean.
- Clean strainers in fuel oil and feed water supply pipe regularly.
- Ensure flue gas dampers are open and the flues are purged of all gases before ignition.
- Do not tighten leaks / loose bolts while the boiler is hot and under pressure.
- Do not open doors immediately after shutting down the boiler.
Start up of boiler
- Check water level in the water gauges before starting Feed water inlet valve should be always kept open.
- Ensure fuel oil in the line is sufficiently & pump able. This is ensured by heating up the oil adequately.
- Put the Burner Control Switch to ON Position and the firing switch to ‘AUTOMATIC’ position.
- Once the oil temperature is reached, the fan will start and the burner will go to the sequence controller operation and firing takes place
- Observe the smoke from the chimney for correct fuel air ratio.
System of Operation
STAGE I:Oil pre-heating-When the power is switched on the immersion heater heats up the fuel until the oil temperature control thermostat level and thereafter maintains it .
STAGE II:Oil Circulation-The closing of second thermostat causes the controller to initiate the burner starting sequence. The burner fan, fuel pump and ignition transformers are energized. The rising pump pressure forces oil found the circuit i.e. Preheater ® hot oil filter ® nozzle assembly ® two port solenoid value ® cold oil filter pump so as to bring the oil at burning temperature .
STAGE III: Oil Pressurization– Two way solenoid vale energies and circulation stops and pressure build up rapidly and oil is delivered to nozzles.
STAGE IV: Starting Low Flame– With desired pressure low flame cut off valve opens and oils sprays. Simultaneous ignition takes place by spark. The flame guard photocell senses the flame and continues in low flame.
STAGE V: Changing to high flame-The three way solenoid valve energies and releases oil pressure from the ram and from the rear of the second cut- off valve position. The air opens to high flame position.
STAGE VI: Normal running– i.e. High / low as per requirement of steam.
STAGE VII: Normal Shut down– As soon as power on is put off the fuel pump motor and two-way solenoid valve de-energies and flame is extinguished.
|Author: (GM Production)
|Checked by: (QA Manager)
|Authorised by: (Director Technical)
(Review date on or before 12 months from date of authorization)