Breathing new life into an old pharmaceutical plant not only enhances its aesthetic appeal but also significantly boosts its value. Here’s a step-by-step guide to transforming your facility into a modern, compliant, and visually appealing space.
Fresh Paint for a Fresh Start
- Color Palette: Opt for a pristine white for the main walls. This neutral shade offers a clean, professional look.
- Metallic Elements: Iron machinery and frames pop when painted silver, giving them a modern touch.
- Avoiding Grays: Steer clear of gray on walls and machinery; it tends to age the space.
- Consistency is Key: Any exposed wires, pipelines, or false ceilings should also be painted white for a seamless look.
Crystal Clear View Panels
- Regularly clean all view panels with a quality glass cleaner to ensure they shine and offer clear visibility.
Identification and Labeling
- Rooms: Equip each room with a nameplate for easy identification.
- Machinery & Utilities: Assign ID numbers to machines, supply grills, return grills, and even drains. This aids in maintenance and tracking.
Electrical Maintenance and Aesthetics
- Switch Clean-Up: Wipe down all electrical switches with a moist cloth or glass cleaner.
- Safety First: Ensure all open MCBs are closed and exposed electrical boards are securely covered.
- Identification: Label all MCBs or electrical panels with unique identification numbers.
- Wire Management: Avoid ribbed plastic pipes for electrical wires as they accumulate dust. Instead, use plain garden pipes. Opt for white wires over colored ones for a cleaner look. If any MCB or electrical panels show signs of rust, paint them white for a refreshed appearance.
Declutter and Organize
- Space Management: Remove and dispose of any unnecessary items or scrap. Retain only essential materials in rooms.
- Storage: Neatly arrange materials on racks or pallets, and label everything from drums to bins for easy identification.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Display SOPs prominently where required, ensuring staff can easily access and follow them.
Utility Area Upkeep
- Labeling: Clearly label machines and materials, including diesel, mobil oil, caustic soda, and hydrochloric acid.
- Switches and Panels: Label all switches, electrical panels, and MCBs in the utility area for safety and convenience.
- Cleanliness: Ensure the utility area remains free from spider webs, oil spills, and other debris.
- Hygiene: Prioritize cleanliness in washrooms. A clean washroom reflects the overall hygiene standards of the facility.
- Repairs: Promptly address any issues like broken seats or dripping taps to ensure a functional and pleasant environment.
Revamping an old pharmaceutical plant is more than just a cosmetic upgrade; it’s about ensuring safety, compliance, and efficiency. With these steps, you can transform your facility into a space that’s both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Looking for more tips on maintaining your pharmaceutical facility? Contact Pharmadocx Consultants today!