PURPOSE: To implement & lay down procedure for cleaning & sanitization of pipes carrying distilled water .
RESPONSIBILITY : Production Chemist
SCHEDULE FOR CLEANING : EVERY MONTH
- The storage vessels / pipes are thoroughly cleaned with nylon scrubber form outside .
- Prepare 3000 liters of 0.1 % w/v solution of Potassium permanganate and transfer it into the storage tank .
- Open the respective outlets of D.M water at different locations & let it flow for about 5 minutes .
- Close these outlets and reopen them after 30 minutes .
- Let all the peramanganate solution drain though these outlets till the storage tank gets emptied
- Close the outlets
- Rinse the storage tank with fresh D.M water till it is free from traces of Potassium Permanganate.
(Note : Even 1 ppm of Potassium Permanganate imparts pinkish colour in water . )
8.Pass the D.M water in the storage tank through on line U.V disinfectant system & rinse the pipe line with it till it is free from trace of Potassium .
Send the sample to check for absence of traces of Potassium Permanganate and on the written approval from Q.C. water should released for use .
|Author: (GM Production)||Checked by: (QA Manager)||Authorised by: (Director Technical)|
|Date:||Date :||Date :|
(Review date on or before 12 months from date of authorization)