PURPOSE: To lay down a the procedure for operation and validation of Laminar airflow bench.
RESPONSIBILITY : Microbiologist.
1.Ensure that the instrument is clean and free from dust and placed in such a position, that any air while opening the airlock door does not affect the positive pressure of the instrument.
2.Check the level of the instrument base. The base should posses uniform level with no up’s and down’s.
- Switch on the mains.
- There are three switches and a pressure barometer on the instrument
These switches represent:
1) Air flow 2) Ordinary light 3) UV light
- Switch on the No.1 switch to start airflow.
- Press switch 3 to start the UV light.
- The airflow and UV light should be kept on for about 2 hours before carrying out any work under laminar air flow.
- Switch off the UV light and put on switch 2nd for ordinary light
- Check the pressure barometer, the level of red oil indicator should be at 15 marks when airflow is on.
- The function of instrument in to maintain the aseptic condition while carrying out any microbiological tests.
- Flame the burner and put it inside LAF.
- Done every work in front of the flame of the lamp.
|Author: (GM Production)
|Checked by: (QA Manager)
|Authorised by: (Director Technical)
(Review date on or before 12 months from date of authorization)